ERCOT has asked to help conserve during peak hours (3-7 pm) during the summer months.
Let’s do our part to conserve. How can you help?
Here are 9 Easy Ways to help conserve and beat the peak:
1. Set your thermostat to 78 degrees or higher.
2. Keep your blinds and curtains closed. When sunlight streams into your home, so does the heat. Close the blinds so your AC doesn’t have to work as hard to cool your home.
3. Cook outside instead of using the oven. When the weather is nice, fire up the grill and cook your dinner outside to avoid heating your home with an oven.
4. Use small appliances, such as a slow cooker, microwave or toaster oven. These use less energy and produce less heat than your oven.
5. Turn down your hot water heater to 120 degrees. Many are preset to a scalding 140 degrees, which wastes energy.
6. Avoid taking showers or baths during peak demand hours (between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.).
7. Run appliances, such as your washer, dryer or dishwasher, in the morning or at night before you go to bed.
8. Unplug unused electronics. Simply switching a device “off” isn’t always enough. Many still drain power from the outlet if they are plugged in.
9. Get outside. Avoid using electricity altogether by leaving your home. Take a trip to the beach, head to the nearest pool, visit the local library or go to the movies.
Mid-South Synergy Launches Community Solar Program…
Synergy Solar Press Release
All payment systems are scheduled for routine maintenance on Tuesday, July 28th between 6:00 pm – 9:30 pm. All payment systems and account access will be unavailable during these hours. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please contact us if you have any questions.
The 2014 Water Quality Consumer Confidence Reports are now available to our water members. You should have received a flyer in the mail with a direct link to view your water report. If you did not receive a flyer, or you would like to view your report again, click here to view 2014 reports.
Mid-South Synergy is a proud sponsor of the Grimes County Fair. Each year we look for ways to give back to the local community, and local county fairs have given us fun opportunities to get out and meet our Members face-to-face.
This year, Mid-South Synergy will be serving 3 meals at the Grimes County Fair:
June 2 – Breakfast for the fair participants
June 3 – Senior Citizen Lunch (open to all Grimes County Senior Citizens)
June 4 – Buyer’s Supper
Stay tuned to our Facebook page for photos and updates from the events. Hope to see you there!
Halloween is the most festively frightening night of the year. But don’t make yours fraught with danger. Here are some safety.
Did you know October is National Co-op Month? We’re proud to be a part of a 47,000 business strong cooperative network