Routine system maintenance will be completed Tuesday, 3/27/18 between 6:30pm and 7:30pm. Our payment system will be unavailable during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank each of our members for their valued membership.
Navasota, TX – March 20, 2018 – 10:00 P.M.
The Mid-South Synergy operations crew has restored all outages. All outages were restored well within the projected time frames. The total number of meters affected by the storm was over 6,200. The operations crew performed exceptionally well while making repairs and coordinating restoration efforts. Their resolve was stronger than the debris, broken poles and saturated ground. Everyone at Mid-South Synergy appreciates the support of our members and community.
Navasota, TX – March 19, 2018 – 7:00 P.M.
Crews have successfully restored a major portion of the Hwy 75 area and also a portion on the FM 980 area. The Mid-South Synergy operations crew has performed exceptionally well while making repairs and coordinating restoration efforts. Contract linemen and right of way crews will continue to provide assistance throughout the night and until power is fully restored. The challenges of debris, broken poles and saturated ground remain, but the resolve to fully restore power is strong.
The total number of meters affected by the storm is approximately 5,000 with over 3,600 meters being restored at this time. At this point, the estimated restoration times are as follows.
- FM 247 and FM 980 –
- Portions of FM 980 have been restored
- Full restoration anticipated by Wednesday, March 21st
- Riverside and Harmon Creek Area –
- Portions of the area have been restored
- Full restoration anticipated by late tonight, Monday, March 19th
- Hwy 75 North – The majority has been restored, individual outages remain
Navasota, TX – March 19, 2018 – 2:00 P.M.
The damage caused by the severe storm or March 18th, 2018 has caused extensive damage to our distribution system. 10 contract linemen crews and 7 right of way crews were called into service along with the entire Mid-South Synergy operations crew. Lines are tangled in large trees, poles and crossarms are broken, and the ground is saturated. Restoration efforts are challenging and our crews have been tirelessly working to restore power to all members. Crews will continue to work throughout the night and until all meters are restored.
The total number of meters affected by the storm is approximately 5,000 with over 2,700 meters being restored at this time. At this point, the estimated restoration times are as follows.
- FM 247 and FM 980 – Anticipated by Wednesday, March 21st
- Riverside and Harmon Creek Area – Anticipated by late tonight, Monday, March 19th
- Hwy 75 North – Anticipated to be restored by late tonight, Monday, March 19th
Mid-South Synergy is proud to announce the participants of the 2018 Youth Tour. This group of students will visit the Texas State Capital and Washington D.C. to see our government in action. Congratulations, we know you will represent the community, Mid-South Synergy and Texas very well.
Routine system maintenance will be completed Friday 2/16/18 between 6:30pm and 7:00pm. Our payment system will be unavailable during this time. As always, our staff and linemen will be on standby to respond to any outages should one occur. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Navasota, TX – January 17th, 2018 – 9:30 p.m.
Midcontinent Independent System Operator, Inc. (MISO), has requested that Mid-South Synergy members voluntarily reduce their electricity consumption between 5:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m., January 18th, 2018. Unusual and sustained low temperatures have caused consumer demand for electricity to potentially exceed generation capacity. If demand exceeds generation capacity, periodic outages will be necessary. MISO is working to bring in additional generation capacity.
All Mid-South Synergy offices will open at noon, Wednesday, January 17th.
With the thought of safety in mind, all lobbies will be closed effective immediately Tuesday, January 16th. Our offices may open late Wednesday, January 17th pending weather conditions. Updates will be available on our website and Facebook page. Meter disconnects have been halted until warmer weather returns. Payments can still be made online or with the Mid-South Synergy App. Dispatchers and linemen are prepared to take your call and respond to any outages should one occur. Report an outage by calling 936-825-5100 or 1-888-525-6677
A member receives an unsolicited phone call from an individual who falsely claims to be a utility representative. The scammer warns that the utility will disconnect the customer’s electric service if the customer fails to make a payment – usually within a short timeframe.
Scammers are trying every trick in the book to steal your hard earned money. Some of these criminals even use caller ID spoofing to replicate the utilities customer service number.
Red flags for scam activity
• The thief becomes angry and tells the customer his or her account is past due and service will be disconnected if a large payment isn’t made – usually within less than an hour.
• The thief instructs the customer to purchase a pre-paid debit or credit card – widely available at retail stores – then call him or her back to supposedly make a payment to the utility.
• The scammer asks the customer for the prepaid card’s receipt number and PIN number, which grants instant access to the card’s funds.
How to protect yourself
• Mid-South Synergy never requires a customer with a delinquent account to purchase a prepaid debit card to avoid disconnection.
• Customers can make payments online, by phone, automatic bank draft, mail or in person.
• Customers with delinquent accounts receive an advance disconnection notification with the regular monthly billing – never a single notification one hour before disconnection.
• If you suspect someone is trying to scam you, hang up and call the local police then your co-op. Never dial the phone number the scammers provide.
Members who suspect or experience fraud, or feel threatened during contact with one of these thieves, should contact local authorities, and then Mid-South Synergy at (936) 825.5100 or Toll Free: (888) 525.6677 .
Mid-South Synergy is partnering with KBTX Media to host two locations for the Food For Families Food Drive on December 6th. We are accepting donations at our Navasota office and also the Kimbro Center in Madisonville during the event. Donations can also be dropped off at any of our offices during business hours. Monetary donations can be made online at www.kbtx.com/foodforfamilies.